Wednesday 21 December 2016

Pick 'n' Melt - Christmas Set // Review

Hello, hello and hello...


I'm all about trying new things and Pick 'n' Melt very kindly sent me their Christmas set to try out. I have never tried wax melts before and to be honest, I had no clue what a wax warmer or wax melts were or how it even worked.

Before I begin I would just like to thank Pick 'n' Melt for sending me this to try, it's something different and new to me. So here are my own honest opinions on my experience with the wax melts.


I received the standard Christmas set, included was a Pick 'n' Melt wax warmer, 16 bags of wax melts which include 8 different scents, and a tealight candle.

When I opened this I was so confused, what do I do? How do I make it smell nice? Hmm.. there's a tealight candle? and a big white thing? How is this even going to let out any smell?

Then I found the instructions, hallelujah praise the instructions! It all makes sense now.



I'm a big candle lover but also very picky with what scents I like (not just candles, but everything). Overly sweet scents make me feel sick and overly strong scents give me a headache, so I was a little worried to try these as the wax cubes smelt so lovely but strong.

Snow, Christmas Spice, Christmas Time, Frankincense & Myrrh
Mistletoe & Wine, Festive Tree, Cocoa & Log Fire, Robin Red Breast 
Most of them smell so good, but there are one or two that I'm not too fond of and don't fancy trying, but everyone has their own likes and dislikes. Although, I am so happy with the ones I have tried.                                        Mistletoe & Wine

It was so hard to pick which scent I wanted to try first because I just wanted to try them all first! After a long debate with myself and a bit of eeny, meeny, miny, moe. Mistletoe & Wine won, and I was not disappointed. 

The wax warmer is so cute! It feels slightly old fashioned, with the little tea light burning inside. It's so lovely when I walk into my room and its the first thing I see, or when I have it on the corner of my desk, with a little flame flickering beside me.

It started to melt quite quickly, and the fragrance filled the room up almost instantly. Not only does it smell nice in the room but it travels throughout my house and any room with the doors open. Also, I just love how amusing it is to watch the wax cubes melt and the two colours swirl together. 

I took quite a big liking to the Festive Tree scent. I don't know if I could call it my favourite because it's just too hard to choose, there are so many lovely ones.

As fragrant and fun as this is, I don't think it has quite won me over just yet. I still much prefer candles even though they don't seem to be as fragrant as wax melts but maybe because I'm just lazy and find just lighting a candle easier than removing the previously melted wax. But if you're looking for an instant fragrance, i'd say the melts work amazingly.

Overall I think this is quite an interesting concept and it does give out a strong scent which you may find isn't the case with candles sometimes. I also love how it looks in a room and the fact it's white is amazing, fits right in. I'm very glad I was sent this to try and as soon as I buy some more tea lights (they run out so quickly which is a shame) I will be melting some more.



Pick 'n' Mix offer many other interesting scents, you can buy these all individually or as part of their monthly subscription at just £8 a month for their standard subscription which includes 20 bags of melts and you can actually choose which ones you want to receive. I think this is such a great idea and is quite fun because you can mix up different scents to your own liking.


If you want to know more, head over to their website at www.picknmelt.com


Until next post,


                                    Love Tania x





*Disclaimer: This product was kindly sent to me but all opinions are my own honest opinions.



1 comment:

  1. How has it taken me a week to realise you postedddddd.. love this! I'm the same strong scents can give me headache but these are lovely

    prettylittleflirt.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete