Sunday 29 January 2017

Why I Gave Up On New Year's Resolutions





Seems like every year it's the same thing all over again. This year I will change, this year I will organise, this year I will be happier. And the list goes on and on, but I'm sure you know all about the common new year resolutions.

Don't get me wrong I think to have new year's resolution is great, it allows you to have a starting point or a set time at which to allow yourself to restart. Problem is, it can feel pressured. We make these resolutions believing we will be happier in ourselves once we've stuck to it and completed it, that miraculously everything will change in the new year. 

I ended 2016 with such high expectations for 2017 to be my year but things didn't go to plan.

Here's how my year began:

1st January 2017 - I did exactly what I did all of 2016, lay in bed. But it felt different, I felt ready to begin my new year and to start again (Starting tomorrow of course because today is a day to relax)
2nd January 2017 - I took my family to my happy place, Greenwich (I just love it there!). We had a nice walk, meal and was just nice to spend some time together.
3rd January - My world turned upside down and everything I planned and hoped for this year changed.
4th January - I gave up.

4 days in and I gave up on everything I had hoped for the new year.

Life is so unexpected and the moment you least expect it, things change. Sometimes for the best and other not so much but everything falls into place eventually.


The month went on and I realised something... forget new year's resolutions.


From now on I want to work on myself continuously, I want to take every day to better myself and take it one step at a time because its impossible to do so from one day to another and realistically that's what New Years is.


From now on I will set myself continuous goals, maybe I'll try monthly goals, seeing as that's a lot more realistic. But for now, I'll be taking smalls steps at a time.



So here's to no more new year's resolutions!



Love Tania x



4 comments:

  1. Love this Tan! So honest and true, one step at a time xx

    prettylittleflirt.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes defiantly. Small steps are always best. x

      Delete
  2. This is a post about the truth of New Years resolutions! Very honest and very intelligently written!

    ReplyDelete