Friday 11 November 2016

Superdrug Makeup Haul

Hello, Hi, Hey.  How you doing..

Hope you enjoy a haul as much as I do because if you do then you've come to the right place! 


There's no better excuse to buy makeup than for Halloween, especially when Superdrug were doing a 3 for 2 offer and gave out a free pom pom key ring when you buy 3 cosmetic items. That is exactly what I did. Twice. And I want one more free pom pom to complete my collection of all three colours, however, my bank account doesn't.



This for me is quite a big makeup shop because I quite rarely buy makeup and when I do it's usually just 1 item, either something new I want to try out or something I've run out of. I bought these all just before Halloween but I've only tried them once or twice so far, so I guess I'll let you know my first impressions.



 Blending, blending and more blending...
Makeup Revolution Ultra Sculpt & Blend Collection

How could I possibly resist copper makeup brushes! how?! These all came in a set and was on sale for £9.99 for 3 brushes and a makeup sponge. BARGAIN! I really needed a new makeup sponge as my real techniques one has come to its end and so instead of just buying just a new sponge for £5.99 I thought I would take advantage of this offer, try out their sponge and some very pretty makeup brushes.r
This set comes with a makeup sponge, two sculpting brushes, and an eyeshadow blending brush. I have only used the brushes once and found them to be okay but I will need to use them more to know if they are any good or not. I want to try to use them for a different purpose than what they are meant for as I feel they may work better. The sponge seems to work quite well and is much firmer than the real techniques sponge, which is much better as it doesn't hurt so much to blend.




Clear mascara as eyebrow gel is amazing! I've used this one before but then I starting using another brand to try it out but I couldn't help but go back to this one, its leaves my hairs in place without them feeling stiff. Will forever repurchase this.


Must always have concealer !
Maybelline Age Rewind Eye Concealer - Light
This is another product I used to use a lot, although my previous one was somewhat broken and I had to physically squeeze the applicator sponge to get it out so it would get so messy, I just gave up and threw it away. However this has been all over youtube and everybody speaks about how good it is, also no one seems to have struggled like I did. So I thought I'd give it another try and I'm glad I did, the applicator works properly and its so easy to apply and blends nicely.


Eyeshadows! You can never have too many. 
Revlon Colorstay 16 hour Eye Shadow - 530 Seductive  
Miss Sporty Studio Mono Eyeshadow - 109 Star
Left - Revlon Eyeshadow in same order as palette       Right - Miss Sporty White Eyeshadow

I don't know how I didn't own a white eyeshadow until now, I've always needed one. This was super cheap and when I swatched it in the store it was so bright white I just had to get it. It does show up quite nicely on the eyelid but it is quite chalky so it's best to apply small bits at a time and build up the colour. But for the price, I can't complain.

The Revlon eyeshadow palette has such beautiful purples tones and that's a colour I don't own at all. The colours of these are so lovely but it's such a shame that there's hardly any pigmentation. I haven't used these yet, only swatched them (stupidly not in store first) but I am hoping that I can build the colour up on the eye and it will be look nice.


Luscious lips !

Mua Lipstick - Raven
L'Oreal Pairs Infallible Lip Gloss - Disco Ball 210



On the left I swatched the lipgloss on its own, then others I swatched it with a lipstick underneath so you can see the difference it makes.

I didn't swatch the black because I forgot (oops) but you know what black looks like so that's okay.



















Black lipstick and sparkly lipgloss... Seems like a strange combination but now that I think about it, I  might have to try it. Might look horrendous or might not but I shall see. 

The black lipstick is actually surprisingly good for the price, It's creamy and lasts! I wore this for my work Halloween social. I was a cat, yes I know typical but cat makeup is so much fun! Anyway... I only wore it on my top lip and put translucent powder over it to keep it from rubbing onto my bottom lip and it worked! I spent the night drinking away and my lipstick stayed on all night, it was incredible !

The lipgloss, I wore on Halloween night where I went out dressed as a roman goddess because that means a lot of highlighter and glitter! and I loved it! 
I usually don't like lipgloss because it's sticky and so I never bother. But L'Oreal sure know how to make a good lipgloss because this is not even the slightest bit sticky. Although the lipgloss on it's own does not look great on the lips, I used a nude lipstick underneath and it looked beautiful. An added bonus is how good it tastes, had me licking my lips way too much. 


To blush or not to blush !

Makeup Revolution Blush Palette - Golden Sugar



























I feel like this picture is self-explanatory and needs no words. I mean, look at it! 


This is a blush palette, but is it really? I don't think I would every be wearing these shades as a blush. Maybe the darker pink but even that's a bit frisky for me. It does, however, come with a matte brownish shade which could be used as a bronzer, although it may be a little light for my skin but I haven't actually tried it.

I bought this with the intention of using it as eyeshadow and highlighter, and so I did. These swatches were rubbed on quite harshly to show the colours, but with this palette, high pigmentation would not be such a good thing. It's much better to build it up rather than adding too much. Especially when there's glitter involved.


#Pom Pom Goals

























And here are my free pom poms, aren't they just so cute! Not sure what I'll use them for, they are too big to put on my keys and they don't suit my bags. But for now, they are gloriously hanging over my desk.




Thanks for reading my post, I hope you enjoyed my haul.

Let me know if there's any must have products I should get next time I'm on a splurge.

Until next post,


                                    Love Tania x

2 comments:

  1. The makeup revolution brushes are so pretty!

    http://laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Copper brushes omg I need them in my life (not like I have enough already..) The eyeshadow palette is also soooo beautiful! xx

    prettylittleflirt.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete