Friday 28 October 2016

My Hair Care Routine

Hello lovelies, welcome back or simply just welcome.

I thought I would share with you my hair care routine, give you a little insight on how I tame my beast.

I've previously died my hair a lot! And bleached it a few of times (but let's leave the hair colour history for another post, it deserves it) so it's fair to say my hair isn't in the best condition. It has gotten a lot better now compared to how it was a few months ago which I'm very happy about and it half temps me to dye it again... but I won't. At least not anytime soon...

These are the products I use on my hair and they are pretty much my staples. Well apart from the shampoo and conditioner because I get bored easily and so I switch it up every few months.



I typically wash my hair 1-2 times a week depending on the state of my hair and whether I can get away with a greasy ponytail for another day or not. I can be very lazy when it comes to washing my hair because it's just so thick and high maintenance.

L'oreal Elvive Extraordinary Clay. Re-balancing shampoo and conditioner for oily roots and dry ends.

As I mentioned earlier, I tend to switch shampoo and conditioner every so often, usually switching between  the colour protecting Elvive ones or any by Garnier but I've been using these for a few months now and they do the job. The reason I bought these was because a while back my hair became terribly oily right after my shower, but the bottom half of my hair was very dry and frizzy and so obviously this duo applied to me! Does it work? Well I don't have that issue anymore so I guess it does.



I use a hair mask whenever I feel my hair is in need, even though I really should be using at least once a week but in my defence this works so well from the first use I just forget about using it after. I will usually leave this in my hair for about 2-3 minutes or 'a song long', I do like to blast out 90's sing along on Spotify while I shower.

Once I'm all showered I will throw my hair up in a towel and just leave it there for a little while, probably watch some YouTube in bed for a bit. When I get fed up of having a towel on my head i'll go ahead and dry it.



This leave in conditioner was a bit of a random but brilliant purchase. I was in Menorca on holiday with my family and my hair was feeling ridiculously damaged and I walked past this in the shop but decided not to buy it, next day I went to the shop again and had to get it. I couldn't stop thinking about it and my hair desperately needed some love. So I picked it up for 5euros and am so glad I can actually buy it here for a reasonable price.

So I start with spraying some of this all over my hair, very generously and then brushing it out.  My hair will knot even more if I brush it wet without this product. It even makes my hair feel good once its dry and actually tames most of my frizz. This is why I don't believe more expensive is better, As this random Spanish supermarket product works just as well.

I will then use my amazing hairdryer to blow dry my hair straight with a normal plastic brush I got from primark. I never thought I could love a hairdryer this much before, But this lives up to its expectations and yes I notice a difference when using others. Worth every penny.



I've always had really frizzy hair and although the leave in conditioner tames most of it, it can't do it all alone. I tend to use this just before I leave the house and in the summer i'll carry it in my bag for top ups. Because humidity hates me. This is my staple product and has been for many years and it works wonders, I have been through so many of these and will forever buy it because John Freida knows how to treat my hair right.

Let me know if your going to try some of these products out and what your staple product is.

Until next post,


                                    Love Tania x


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment